Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baby it's cold outside...

One of the challenges I face is taking pictures in low light; especially indoors. I always struggle with getting the right shutter speed and holding the camera steady enough (cause I don't often pull out the tripod). I have had varied success in the past (here and here), but still shy away from indoor shots. But over the holidays while we were spending a lot of long lazy days inside, I just couldn't help my shutter-finger from snapping a few shots.
Here are a few taken with my Pentax K1000 (who has been neglected in the last few posts). She is my workhorse, old dependable... she never seems to fail. Even with random mystery film, I got some relatively clear, decent shots. I think the warm cozy glow of the Christmas lights help (for the record, there wasn't a lack of lights around my Mother's Christmas Wonderland... she goes ALL out!)





Still to come: shooting Christmas lights, at night, outside! (I know... Shut the front door right?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment