Tuesday, March 29, 2011

There is no place like home...

There is no place like home... except Grandma's (& Pa's) ~ Author Unknown

Growing up, I spent a lot of time at both of my grandparents' homes. We all lived in a small town in the Rocky Mountains, so no one was ever more than 5 minutes away. I cherish the memories that I have with them and the time that I spent at their houses - family dinners, exploring, playing with my cousins, eating grandma's cooking, and generally just being spoiled.
Last week when I went back to visit my grandparents, I felt so lucky to still be able to visit the house where my mom (and in a lot of respects - I) grew up. Although I could have probably used an entire roll of film (or two) just taking pictures of things around the house, I was impeded by 2 things: firstly a lack of bright enough light with no flash, and secondly only my one long lens that is really difficult to use in close ups. Also because of the expired film I was using, I had to do some major touch-ups with photofiltre. Some of the images still have what appears to be light leaks (though I usually don't get light leaks on my Pentax) that could not be fixed with any photo software that I have.
All photos taken with my Pentax K1000 (the camera that was originally my grandfathers but that he imparted on me. He was happy to see it again and we had some good photog discussions). Now without further ado..

Memories of Gramma & Pa's... 

Gramma's canning - Peaches, pears, apricots, cherries (Peaches were my favourite)



Gramma's ceramic shop where she would teach lessons. These are the remnants of this lost (?) art.



Pa's tool room where he used to make the best wooden toys and puzzles; including doll beds for each of his granddaughters and a toy castle for his grandson.

And... random mystery objects that always seemed so fascinating when I was a kid. 

"Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting" ~ Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment